These are challenging times for early career scholars. It is becoming difficult for many to access institutional funding for conferences, while many organisations are often charging hefty fees to attend and present at virtual events.
The PDD group is setting up a bursary fund, which will work on a first-come-first-serve basis until the fund has been exhausted. Applications of up to £150 can be submitted at any time before 13th December 2021.
- Applicants need to be PhD students or early career researchers (ECRs) – ECR is an individual who is within ten years of the award of their PhD or within six years of their first academic appointment.
- Applicants need to be registered members of both the PSA and the PDD group.
- Funding of up to £150 can be disbursed to cover conference fees for any international conference, provided the applicant has been selected as speaker, convenor, presenter, chair, or discussant.
- Work presented at the conference should be relevant to the PDD group’s work (e.g. citizen participation, participatory democracy/ governance, deliberative democracy, social movements, etc.).
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application you should include:
- Your role and affiliation
- The title of the conference and fees charged
- The title and abstract of the accepted panel/ paper
- Your role at the conference
- The amount requested
Applicants that meet these requirements will be contacted and asked to complete an expenses form to be submitted to the PSA.
We look forward to receiving your applications!